March 15, 2005

That says it all...

Hit the town, still dressing down, looking for some action...
Mr. Jagger said it best, he knows you never get...no satisfaction,
But Mr. Dylan knows that everyone is more or less a rolling stone,
And Mr. Lennon, so quiet, knows better, or so I've been told...

That says it all, doesn't it?
We always want what we never get...
Well listen, hear, my friend
I can't continue to pretend that it's alright'...

Cause that ain't right...That ain't right

I hear you're gonna make it big, rake it in with your master plan,
Mr. Hendrix understood, those are only castles made of sand...
Mr. Wilson took some pills...and I don't blame him, It's hard to be alive...
Mr. Page, how he played...
Mr. Drake stayed up late and made me cry...

They've said it all haven't they?
But what I want, what I want to say is:
Listen, hear my friend
I can't continue to pretend that it's alright

No matter what we get...
We never find our happiness
Ain't that a crime?
Maybe that's why I've been told since I was six years old to compromise

But that ain't right...That ain't right

No comments: